Thursday 25 October 2012

Personal Addition #16

Right now, there's so much talk of the future. I'm in the position where I have to make a very big decision. It's really the decision of a lifetime. I have to decide what I want to do for a living. At the moment, I know that I want to do something health related. I've always wanted to do something in that topic, so I think that's for sure. Everyone always asks you what you want to be so young and I have no clue. Does anyone really know what they're going to do at this point?

One of my choices is to become a dietitian. A dietitian is exactly what it sounds like; an expert on diet and nutrition. You could work as a private practice and start your own business, you could work in a hospital to help patients or recovery, or you could work in research and education which would be government. It seems like a good job and if you get tired of working at one place in your lifetime, you could switch to research or hospital or whatever you want.
http://www.collegeofdietitians.ab.ca/Public.aspx

Recently, I've been tossing the idea around of being a chiropractor. It would take a lot of work, but you could go anywhere in the world and do it. It has a high salary once you're established. I think it would be hard to start your own practice/business and grow from it. I like being under someone else and have guidelines, however being your own boss has its advantages like hours you work, vacation, etc. so when/if I have children, I can still be around to support them and raise them properly.
http://steveshealthanswers.com/natural-health/how-do-you-find-the-perfect-chiropractor

There are many options within health that I'm considering, if you have any input let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment