Thursday 25 October 2012

Personal Addition #17

I just remembered going to a zoo in the states where they had these giant tortoises. I forgot what they were called and I don't remember much about them, except that they were extraordinary.
800px-Galapagos_giant_tortoise_Geochelone_elephantopus
They are called Galapagos tortoises. They can live up to 177 years! And that is only the age recorded. Who knows how many of them are out there that have lived past 200 or more years. It is the fifth longest living animal in the world as of now. All I remember from these animals is that they are huge! I think of a tortoise and I imagine a little turtle like a house pet or something. This is at least up to my knee or thigh. It is very slow and looks its age! I saw them when I was younger, probably around 10 so back then I probably could've hopped on it and rode it it was so big! They really are amazing animals and I think everyone should pet on in their lifetime!
http://news.discovery.com/animals/top-10-longest-living-animals.html

No comments:

Post a Comment