Sunday 30 September 2012

Personal Addition #6

"How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?" 

-Anais Nin

I picked out this quote because I really believe in it. I think this happens a lot, and I actually see it a lot. With fairy tales and movies, girls grow up learning that there's a prince, or someone made for you. They'll do anything to be with you. That may be true, but they can't always do everything for you. I think sometimes when the relationship carries on for a while, people start to expect things or ask for more and more things. I'm sure little things are fine, but when you're letting your relationship affect or establish things like school and work, that's a bit too far. Especially since I'm young, I don't believe in intertwining relationships with other things because you start relying on the other person and if you ever break up, you won't be left with much. There are many things that I believe should be done independently. Everyone has their own dreams and with the kind of rights there are for women nowadays, anything is possible. Everyone is equal and entitled to create their own world that they want. The biggest thought I get from this quote is that there is too much relying on other people to do things for us and not enough independence and self encouragement to do great things on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment